Thursday, May 03, 2007

Paris to Norway

June 1:
On June 1 I landed in Paris and then on to Oslo, Norway. From the airport to Olso I rode the train into town and met my first Norwegian friend. We spoke briefly and said goodbye. I couldn’t find Nathan that day so I went straight to the Hostel and got a room. I walked the city that night exploring the town. I found heroine addicts in the city park, prostitutes on certain streets, tourists, and locals having a good time. This time of year the day never completely leaves. It doesn’t get completely dark even late at night.
June 2:
Today I got up and went to the train station to look for Nathan. I couldn’t find him so I checked my email and found a note from him saying he was at the hostel I stayed at waiting on me. I emailed my contact in Norway, Michael. He was happy to hear from us and offered to take us out. I found Nathan at the hostel and we had a good nap. We later walked around town again that night and prayed for some really messed up people on heroin in the city square. I met my first Kurd and a long haired Mexican backpacker.
June 3:
Met Michael and checked out of the Hostel. We had a great dinner with him and took the bus out to his place. I was tired but he took us on a great bike ride to a fjord near his house. It was amazing and beautiful. Little cottages lined the rocky banks.
June 4:
We rode the early bus back into town with Michael and he showed us where the bus station was that we would need later. He gave us 77$ and said good bye. That was a great blessing. We went into town to do some filming and got into a heated discussion with a Palestinian man. He hated America, Christians, and Jews. However he loved Hitler. We then caught a bus to Oslo Christian Center. We met some people there and had a good time of fellowship. We then came back to Oslo and bought tickets on an all night bus ride to Stockholm, Sweden. It was kind of a miserable ride and didn’t get much sleep if any. The scenery was beautiful though.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home